A play-writer, screenwriter and film director
She holds a degree in feature film directing from The Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (VGIK) (workshop of S. Solovyev and V. Rubinchik). She started her professional career working for TV as author and director of TV commercials. She became renowned thanks to her short films POSTE RESTANTE, CONTRABASS, ANDANTE and LET'S FLY /.
Her debut full-length feature film, called MARS, was first screened at the Berlin International Film Festival. Her second full-length feature film, MERMAID, was awarded the FIPRESCI prize at Berlin International Film Festival and other prizes at Karlovy Vary and Sundance Film Festival. Russia submitted MERMAID for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
- 2019 ФЕЯ / FЕYA - currently in production
- 2018 НЕЖНОСТЬ / NЕZHNOST'
- 2017 ПРО ЛЮБОВЬ. ТОЛЬКО ДЛЯ ВЗРОСЛЫХ / PRO LYUBOV'. TOL'KO DLYA VZROSLYH
- 2017 КВАРТЕТ / KVARTЕT
- 2015 ABOUT LOVE / PRO LYUBOV’
- 2015 ВОСЕМЬ / VOSЕM' - a short film
- 2013 STAR / ZVEZDA
- 2011 ABOUT LOVE / PRO LYUBOV’ - a short film
- 2010 OPEN AIR
- 2007 MARMAID / RUSALKA
- 2004 MARS
- 2002 CONTRABASS / KONTRABAS - a short film
- 2000 POSTE RESTANTE / DO VOSTREBOVANIYA - a short film
- 1999 LET’S FLY / POLETELI - a short film
- 1998 ANDANTE - a short film